Who is the college for?
- Anyone who lives, works, studies or cares for someone in Tower Hamlets and wants to find out more about mental and physical health recovery and wellbeing
- Anyone who has experience of using mental or physical health services in Tower Hamlets
- We also deliver courses and workshops specifically for those aged 18-30 and for people who speak Bengali (Sylheti) and Somali
What are the courses about?
Courses cover a range of areas that might support recovery; including tools and strategies to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your experiences, education about mental and physical health, helpful tips on practical life skills and how to get involved in study and work opportunities.
Where do the courses take place?
We usually deliver our courses in different community venues throughout Tower Hamlets. However this term, all classroom-based courses will be held at our college base 86 Old Montague St E1 5NN and all online courses will be hosted via Zoom.
Who are the courses taught by?
What is special about us is that all of our courses are designed and delivered by people who have lived experience of mental health challenges, working together with people who work in mental health services. We call this co-production. Co-production is an equal relationship between people who use services and the people responsible for services. All our courses are co-produced; co-designed, co-delivered, co-received and co-assessed.
What else do you offer at the college?
If courses and workshops are not for you at the moment we also have a range of other learning, supportive and social offers:
- 1:1 IT Support Sessions in our library
- Coffee mornings in the library
- Social Hub
- Book club
- Young Adult social outings
All our courses are co-produced, co-designed, co-delivered and coreceived.
“Co-production is an equal relationship between people who use services and the people responsible for services. They work together from design to delivery, sharing strategic decision making about policies as well as the best way to deliver services”.- National Co-production Advisory Group
How do I enrol?
There are 3 ways to enrol:
- Online: Head to our Student Portal at https://thrc.studioreception.net. Log in or create a new account on the student portal then head to the Calendar tab to see our term timetable
- Phone: Call 0207 426 2332/2416 from 9:30am – 5:00pm Monday to Friday
- Email: Send your booking enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will soon be releasing our bespoke APP so keep an eye out for that!
TO VIEW OUR UPCOMING COURSES CLICK HERE